Monday, March 8, 2010

Pies


Hello Ladies!

I have had a huge migraine all day, but I wanted to
get a post on here before bed...

I could use your best pie recipes PLEASE.

I am making a couple of pies for an amazing
non-profit here in the Dallas/Ft Worth area this week
and I absolutely want them to be fabulous

If you ladies have some SwEeT recipes & can post them before Wednesday
afternoon that would be great.

A buttermilk pie recipe is my #1 goal...Apple pie is my favorite...
everything else will be new & fun

xxoo

1 comment:

  1. I make Chocolate Haupia Pie for JP - you may know what it is from your time in Hawaii, I know Tianna does. It's basically chocolate and coconut but I don't know that the people in the Great State of Texas would appreciate it. Maybe a Coconut Cream Pie, or a Banana Cream Pie? Maybe a Chocolate Cream Pie? What about a Key Lime Pie? I love Key Lime Pie and Ina has a recipe that looks awesome: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/frozen-key-lime-pie-recipe3/index.html
    If you do a more traditional apple pie, do you plan on making your own crusts?
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/pie-crust-recipe/index.html
    From what I know about pie crust making (not so much since I suck at baking) is that everything needs to be really really cold.
    I've never had buttermilk pie so I can't throw my two cents in on that one.
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete