Thursday, July 29, 2010

Peach & Jalapeno Margaritas!


So I just made these Margs and although it sounds weird, they are so good! The jalapeno doesn't give it a whole lot of spice, just a bit of warmth to the back of your throat. They're also super easy - I left the skin on the peaches and chopped everything roughly because at the end, I ran it all through a sieve.

3 Ripe Peaches, roughly chopped
1 Jalapeno, roughly chopped
1/4 cup Simple Syrup, with a 3 sugar to 1 water ratio
1 Lime, zest and juice
Pinch of salt (just to bring out the sweetness)

Throw all the ingredients in the food processor or blender and run until smooth.
Run it through a sieve to catch the skins, seeds and any chunks.

Shake with a bit of ice and your favorite tequila and serve in a margarita or martini glass with a lime or sliced jalapeno garnish.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing : ) I think I need to try these! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound kind of weird but I would totally love to try that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps this could be one for your holiday in the Hamptons come summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well hello there :) Just stumbled onto your blog and wanted to say hi. After today's crazy day, I need one of these pronto! It sounds delish. Would love for you to visit my blog if you have a minute. Hoping to see you again soon!
    xoxo
    -linh
    http://la-lalinh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete