Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Grillin'

Hi Girls! I know it's been a while since I put a post together so here is last nights dinner. It was easy, delicious & stress-free grilling. I made a balsamic glaze marinated chicken breast with purple smashed potatoes and grilled zucchini. I used the lamb balsamic marinade idea for the chicken and it worked beautifully.

Balsamic Marinade:
1/2 Cup Balsamic, reduced (I put mine in a nonstick sauté pan and let it reduce and thicken for about 15 minutes)
2 Tablespoons Dijon
1/4 Cup Honey
1-2 Springs fresh Rosemary, minced
2 Cloves minced garlic
Salt & Pepper

Mix everything together and pour over the seasoned (salt and pepper) boneless, skinless chicken breasts to sit at room temperature for about 25- 30 minutes while the coals/grill heat up. Pop them on for about 10-12 minutes depending on the thickness.

Purple Smashed Potatoes:
10 small purple potatoes
4 Pads Butter
1/4-1/3 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Sour Cream

This is just like any other smashed potato but I used purple ones. They were so cool and had a great color. I'm always looking for ways to liven up smashed potatoes and this was a great. You can use your favorite recipe, simply substitute your red skinned potatoes for the purple ones. I also left the skins on because I like the texture.

Grilled Zucchini:
Cut them in half lengthwise after cutting off the ends. Drizzle them with olive oil, salt and pepper and grill starting with the flesh side down first. Grill for 8-10 minutes. They get beautiful grill marks but are still tender and al dente in the middle.

This is an easy menu but it's got a lot of flavor and pretty colors.
xoxoxoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. Doing these potatoes next week. I am so excited that they turned out great! Yum! Thanks for these recipes! I can DO this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delish. I made Giada's smashed potatoes and loved them (I made her roasted branzino with lemons and pancetta but felt that it lacked flavor. It must have been something that I did wrong because we all know that Giada is flawless).xx

    ReplyDelete